Does coconut oil work for scalp psoriasis
Virgin coconut oil is the purest form of coconut oil that is clear. It is free from additives and chemical therefore it is very healthy for skin. Virgin coconut oil has not been passed through any heat or chemical treatment therefore it has nice fragrance, taste and it has anti-oxidant properties with medium chain fatty acids along with some healthy ingredients including vitamins. Therefore virgin coconut oil is becoming very famous for its medical uses in health industry.
There is no other opinion that virgin coconut oil is very effective treatment against psoriasis. In psoriasis skin cells have excessive growth therefore it results in formation of thick, scaly places that causes itchiness and pain at the site of psoriasis. Virgin coconut can be used in order to control the patches of psoriasis on the skin. It is best moisturizers for psoriasis patients and keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated.
The anti-inflammatory properties present in coconut oil can help the patients in reducing pain, inflammation and irritation to maximum extent. Coconut Oil is can faster healing therefore skin looks younger when treated with psoriasis.
Why Coconut Oil Treat Psoriasis?
- Coconut Oil contains healthy fatty acids that maintain healthy communication between different cells and restores the fatty acid levels of cells that were depleted during psoriasis.
- Coconut oil contains an ingredient Kinetin that is plant hormone and exhibit anti-oxidant properties which could reduce cell damage by enhancing cell division with the help of free radicals.
- It contains a monoglyceride that have anti-septic properties to cope with anti-bacterial, viral and fungal infections of the skin.
- The oral intake of virgin coconut oil is helpful in reducing abdominal fat because low abdominal fat is helpful in curing the psoriasis faster.
- The presence of fatty acids like capric acid and lauric acid can boost the immune system thus could solve auto-immune disorder up to great extent.
It is following properties:
- It moisturizes the skin to relieve dryness and itching.
- It prevents secondary infections.
- It reduces the inflammation and pain.
- It can clear the loosen skin scalps significantly.
- It promotes faster healing of psoriasis.
- It is absorbed quickly in the skin.
- It balances the skin content to improve rapidly.
- It soothes the itchy and burning skin.
How to Use Coconut Oil
Virgin Coconut Oil is edible and can also be applied topically.
- It is very easy to incorporate 2-4 table spoons of coconut oil in your diet to treat psoriasis.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil and apply it on affected skin 2-3 times a day until your skin has been cleared from psoriasis.
- It is also very effective to mix coconut oil with beeswax and apply on the affected skin for 20 minutes.
- Virgin coconut oil can also be mixed with honey to get anti-inflammatory properties in treatment of psoriasis.
- Virgin coconut oil could be mixed with acid cider vinegar to balance the pH of skin.