Can acupuncture help psoriatic arthritis
Psoriasis is common skin disease that is affecting huge community worldwide. Psoriasis can be a result of different factors including genetic, lifestyle and dietary. In this condition skin cells growth increases therefore skin cells fail to mature and accumulate on the surface of the skin. Accumulation of skin cells may result in inflammation, redness, hardening of the skin, plaque formation and flare formation.
Psoriasis can be treated with herbal medications and acupuncture. Acupuncture is not common treatment method but it is widely used in china along with herbal medication.
Few research studies have suggested that acupuncture treatment is effective against psoriasis even when western methods of treatment fail to show results. Reticuloendothelial system of the skin has specific role in clearing the flakes of the skin and reducing the symptoms of psoriasis.
Effectiveness of Acupuncture Alternative
- Acupuncture is helpful in relieving autoimmune diseases therefore it shows positive outcomes for psoriasis because it is also an auto-immune disease.
- There is no side effect or harm for acupuncture therefore it is safe to be used for psoriasis.
- Acupuncture treatment has no involvement with existing medical treatment therefore you can use it with normal medical intervention without any risk for drug interaction or negative effects.
Acupuncture should not be used as self-treatment without supervision of experts of this therapy. Once you get the right way to do it yourself then you can continue it. Acupuncture with herbal medications takes 5-8 months to relieve sign and symptoms up to maximum extent.
Acupuncture can be performed by following ways:
- You can simply acupuncture needles around the skin lesion or psoriasis flakes to promote blood flow to that region and balance the response posed by immune system to psoriasis.
- An effective acupuncture by acupuncturist along with better life style and diet could help you to treat psoriasis in minimum duration. In this way psoriasis is treated rapidly because all interventions go in favor of acupuncture that can result in accelerated recovery.
- Acupuncture could be performed at different acupuncture points depending on the position of psoriasis such as upper extremities, head region, lower extremities, and the whole body.
Acupuncture is traditional Chinese treatment that works by balancing the energy, blood flow and immune response at the disease are. It is considered to have positive overall health outcomes as well.